Nyungwe Forest & Parc Nationale Des Volcans
• Key Highlights: Kigali Genocide Memorial Museum/Rwanda Historical Towns/Chimps &Colobus Monkeys Treks/Canopy Hike/
Gorillas & Golden Monkeys Treks/Cultural Village/Dian Fossey Museum
Vehicle: 4×4 Safari Landcruiser
Meals: As indicated in the below program outline
a) Recommended hotels/lodges featured in this program – alternatives may be provided per client preference, at applicable rate
b) *Budget (2star) or 3star options – only on specific booking request
Important Tips – In preparation for your trek activity
Volcanoes Mountains is a high altitude area of over 2,400 meters above sea level.
It is extremely chilly in the early mornings and evenings – warm clothing is therefore necessary.
While trekking, it can rain unexpectedly – it is necessary therefore to have:
• Water-proof clothing (jacket, with hood + trousers)/ Waterproof Zip-Lock bags for Cameras/Film/Passports/Money, e.t.c.;
• Hand Gloves (warm and water-proof), to keep hands warm and dry, as well as protect from stinging nettles;
• Hiking boots – with good mud-grip are most appropriate, especially in wet weather;
• Gaiters – to protect your trek trouser legs and boots against mud/wetness/Small hand/face towel, to wipe sweat off your face.
• Did you know that physical challenge is no deterrent against enjoying the Once-In-a-Lifetime adventure – Gorilla Trek?
*Either due to age/back/knee/respirotory, or any other challenges, you can still very successfuly participate in this thrilling expedition.
This is made possible with the use of the African Helicopter – which is a stretcher-like carriage similar to the Royal Carrier that was used by many cultures in ancient times, to transport the royalty from one location to another, in a sitting position.
– Four strong men were/are involved – two in front and two behind.
And another set of four men tagging along, for shift relief.